Friday, October 9, 2009

Burglars Don’t Care What Excuse You Use as Long as You Politely Refuse


Burglars and thieves are blight on society and the impact they have on people’s lives is much like a cancer that multiplies without restraint. They remain unseen until the painful evidence shows itself. It is often the nature of people to put off security measures until after they have settled into the new home, or until they do this or that. The fact is they don’t see the immediate need to proceed now, because they do not think that they will be the next victim. They might be right or they might be wrong. I’m not a prophet, but there has been a recent rash of criminal activity that targets new homeowners and relies on homeowner’s tendency to procrastinate. I unfortunately had two clients that purchased security systems but had to put off installation for one reason or another and the day before their installation, they became the victims of what they wanted to prevent. I have heard other stories about how individuals who were broken into made the immediate decision to have a security system installed. Readers of my columns and posts know that I am passionate about my work. A certain unrecognized fact about people with passion for what they do, is that they deeply feel the pain of disappointment, especially when they should have done more.
It’s a fine line between trying to persuade someone about the immediate need to do something today, and not wait till tomorrow, because tomorrow isn’t promised. I was given confirmation about my path and mission in a Bible scripture found in Matthew 24:43. The states, “But know this, if the good man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.” We don’t know the day or the hour, and it should be clearly evident that we should be vigilant. Putting off until tomorrow what should be done today may very well leave us dismayed. One of the major things that burglars and thieves are looking for are LCD televisions. I can’t stress this point enough purchasing a LCD television and leaving the box on the curb, is a clear indication of what you have. If you are a new homeowner, this should be the best time of your life, but it is also a time when your guard is down. Criminals cruise the new subdivisions as a lion searching for prey. Even if you don’t have an LCD television you are still at risk. Get a security system, and don’t hide behind the excuse looking for the cheapest price. I have always stressed using a great company, checking the Better Business Bureau ratings, getting references, and looking at the online reputation of the representative as well as the company. This will serve you well, but you need to do these things with a sense of urgency, like cutting on your lights, cable and internet. What’s more important than the safety of your family other than your relationship with God? I can’t think of too many other things.
I realize that this post may be judged by some in a negative light, but its intent is to help those who know that what I am saying is right, and if it helps them to not become a victim, I have done my job. I realize, that in fulfilling my purpose I can not please everyone, but those I do please I will exceed expectations and by changing the course of what happens to one individual or family, I have changed the world for good. If you are in need of a life safety system, contact me at http://whensafetymatters.com or call me at 919-949-9690.

No comments: